(via Castiglione, 36)
This is the Aula Magna of the University of Bologna; the origins of the church go back to the 5th century. The Jesuits enlarged and embellished it, making it their own seat since the 16th century, with the adjacent convent, and in the 18th century the building was reconstructed on the model of the Roman church of Jesus by the architect Girolamo Rainaldi. After the Napoleonic suppression, it was deconsecrated and devoted to different uses, until the restoration of 1998, which devoted it to the actual use. In the chapel dedicated to Saint Aloysius Gonzaga, there is the altar projected by Alfonso Torreggiani, placed there in 1763. The elegant architectural structure exposes on the square (church’s parvise) and is strongly suggestive.