Palazzo Pepoli Vecchio, antique home of one of the most important medieval families of Bologna, is the result of numerous architectural additions and interventions. Its story began in 1276, when Romeo Pepoli bought the first constructions and continued in 1344, when his son Taddeo Pepoli built the first nucleus of the Palace. The Pepoli family, the first to become Lords of Bologna, remained owners of the building until 1910. During the modern times the Palace’s owners changed frequently and it even housed a tipography for a certain period of time.
San Colombano contains a collection of musical instruments gathered by Bologna musician and scholar Luigi Ferdinando Tagliavini made up of ninety artefacts most of which have been perfectly restored, are fully functional and come from a range of Italian and European schools in a chronological arc covering five centuries, from 16th century treasures to popular 20th century instruments.
The former church of Santa Lucia, whose charmingly unfinished front stands halfway down Via Castiglione, was solemnly inaugurated in May 1988 on the occasion of the celebrations organized by former Rector Fabio Roversi-Monaco for the Ninth Centenary of the University of Bologna, who purchased and restored it for the University.
The normal and pathological human anatomy collection of the Museum shows the path followed by 18th and 19th centuries medical sciences scholars who, after having acquired all the knowledge about the real nature of the human body, would start to study its diseases.
Today the church of San Giovanni in Monte appears as a synthesis of what it remains from the original building of mid thirteenth century (choir and presbyterian area) and what was later achieved with the construction of the main body of the nave and the lateral transepts of the fifteenth century, inspired by the Basilica of San Petronio.
The Teatro Arena of Fico Eatalyworld is a large circular shaped amphitheatre located at the crossroads of Fico, where its two main streets, the decumanus and the cardo, intersect. Fico is the largest agri-food park in the world, a sensorial education training ground for food and biodiversity, where the Italian agri-food and food-and-wine wonders are displayed and narrated from their growth in the ground to their arrival into dishes and glasses.
Currently hosting international science events, Sala Vasari was built in 1445. It is roofed with cloister vaults and conserves a frieze divided up into segments made up of a central tondo containing Apocalypse figures and two rectangles on either side depicting the various Olivetan monasteries as they looked in the 16th century.